Marvel Studios dropped a real bomb today.
And by bomb, I mean the newest trailer for the upcoming superhero mashup, Avengers: Infinity War.
Yes sir, this is what we’ve all been waiting for ever since the mid-credits teaser for the original Avengers. Although, to be accurate, we’re still waiting, and will be for another half a year. And this trailer won’t make the waiting any easier, because it’s. Just. That. Damn. Good.
As to be expected, Infinity War brings together all your favorite heroes introduced thus far, from Iron Man to Doctor Strange, to combat one major threat. That threat, of course, is the Mad Titan, Thanos. He’s gotten his hands on the Infinity Gauntlet, and is looking to decorate it (read: unleash its full potential) with the six Infinity Stones.
While someone else here at GeekPiphany is planning an in-depth analysis of the new trailer, here are the things that stand out to me:
- The trailer opens with Nick Fury’s line about the reasoning behind forming the Avengers from the first movie. However, the quote shifts as the speakers change. (For the record, the speakers, aside from Samuel L. Jackson, are Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chris Hemsworth and Scarlett Johansson.) It’s a very nice touch.
- Spidey senses are most certainly tingling. Tom Holland’s Spider-Man will definitely play a part in this epic conflict.
- Loki’s appearance with the Tesseract basically confirms the suspicions behind one of Thor: Ragnarok‘s credits scenes.
- “Get this man a shield.” T’Challa/Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) introduces Chris Evans’ Captain America in one of the most epic ways possible.
- Thanos shows why he’s one of the Marvel Universe’s most dangerous big bads. Nothing, and no one, seems to be able to halt his quest for the Infinity Stones.
- Wakanda looks to be a major battlefield in the Infinity War. Fortunately, T’Challa has quite a bit of backup.
- Thor meets the Guardians of the Galaxy. And that’s the part in the trailer where I officially squee’d.
Also, the first poster for Infinity War has been released. See it below:
Check out the trailer, and let us know what you think in the comments below. Avengers: Infinity War is set for a May 4, 2018 release.